Virtual Students Self Portrait Page
The Sallisaw Public Schools will be allowing virtual students to submit self portraits for use in the 2020-2021 yearbook. These portraits are not meant to be “selfies” and must follow the guidelines outlined below.
- All pictures must comply with the Sallisaw Public Schools Dress code. Please refer to your student handbook for details.
Self Portrait Rules and Guidelines
- Your photo must be a clear image of ONLY you (not blurry, grainy, or fuzzy) against a plain background.
- The photo must be a full face-and-shoulders shot, squarely facing the camera.
- You must use a portrait (not landscape) photo that is correctly oriented
- You must be facing the camera.
- You cannot wear dark glasses.
- Your photo cannot be enhanced in any way (for example, no lenses, filters, text, emoji, stickers, etc.)
- Photo must be taken on a plain wall or other solid colors that contrast with your hair and clothing.
- Do not scan an image. The scanned image will not be of high enough quality to meet the system's requirements for an acceptable photo.
- Do not submit a photo of a photo; just take a photo of yourself.
- Be sure to hold the camera or mobile device very still.
- Try turning on a soft overhead light or taking your photo outside in bright light, but avoid having the sun at your back.
- Make sure there are no shadows over your face.
- Try standing a few feet in front of a plain wall or other solid color that contrasts with your hair and clothing.
- Try not to use the camera flash. If you must use flash, take the photo from at least three feet away, and use the camera zoom as needed to center only your face and shoulders within the photo frame.
Format and Size
- You can upload a JPG, JPEG, PNG, or BMP image file.
- If submitting using a cell phone NO “LIVE” PHOTOS
- The maximum file size is 5MB.
- If you scan your photo, the resulting file must print as a 2" x 2" image or larger.
- The photo must be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
- If you have scanned your photo, crop the image to show only your head and shoulders before you upload it.
Step 1: Select Your Students School
You can only upload pictures for ONE student at a time.